Would you like the opportunity to work on one of the fastest growing and most unique super-premium gin brands in the world? A brand with a genuine purpose, beliefs and values which go beyond the spirit itself? Would you love to educate, inspire and enthuse others about The Botanist, whilst living on a beautiful Scottish island? If so – read on!
Known for being progressive, innovative and convention challenging, Bruichladdich Distillery is located on the Hebridean Island of Islay. Originally built in 1881, it survived the 20th century almost intact, despite the cyclical nature of the whisky business. It was closed in 1994, but a group of visionaries purchased and brought it back to life in 2001. Today, we create three different styles of single malt whisky and a gin. The Botanist embodies the same core values and ideologies as those of its malt counterparts – place/people/craft/philosophy/authenticity/origins – collectively these values are represented in our positioning as “Progressive Hebridean Distillers”.
The Botanist has demonstrated substantial year on year growth globally and we are now looking to recruit a Brand promoter to be based at the distillery on Islay. This is a unique opportunity to join the Distillery Team as we further establish The Botanist on the island and its close vicinity.
JOB TITLE THE BOTANIST BRAND PROMOTER
DEPARTMENT BRUICHLADDICH DISTILLERY
REPORTS TO AILSA HAYES
STARTING DATE ASAP. FIXED TERM FOR 8 MONTHS INITIALLY
Based on Islay and working as part of the Distillery Team, you will be responsible for championing The Botanist both at the distillery and on the island. The role will include bartender engagement and training, brand activations in the on trade, assisting with The Botanist tours at the distillery and generally championing the visibility of The Botanist as Islay’s first and original Dry Gin. The role can be fast moving with no two days the same, requiring a flexible, can do attitude; the ability to work both as a team player and independently. You should have excellent presentation skills with conviction in our distillery and brand philosophies, sound knowledge of the on trade environment and the ability to inspire and enthuse others about our unique brand.
- Elevate The Botanist message, presence and visibility at the distillery and on Islay
- Train and inspire local bartenders on our unique drinking strategy, including delivering masterclass and tasting presentations
- Develop partnerships with local bars and hotels to increase The Botanist presence
- Represent and champion the brand to a wide range of internal and external audiences
- Assist with the delivery of an unforgettable brand experience at the distillery, including delivery of tours
- Develop excellent relationship with all stakeholders including distillery shop team, global brand team, external stakeholders (chefs, foragers, bartenders)
- Work on local training tools and assets to help educate people on the brand
- Develop relationships with global brand ambassador network to understand and share best practice
- Forage for botanicals to prepare syrups for seasonal serves
- May be required to travel elsewhere in Scotland on occasion for Brand Promoter duties, i.e. local gin festivals
- Bartender / mixology experience and experience of activating and bringing brands to life in the on trade
- Strong understanding of the on trade environment
- Knowledge of gin / the gin category / or premium drinks experience would be advantageous
- Excellent communicator
- Competent in hosting and training large groups in a multi-cultural environment
- Results oriented, with high attention to detail
- A desire to give clients the best experience possible
- High energy / enthusiasm and the ability to convey this to an audience
- Team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
- Full driving license
PERSONALITY / INTERESTS
- Genuine interest/participation in the drinks/food sector, with particular focus on the foraged flavours movement
- Outdoorsy person who loves nature and is comfortable in rural surroundings
- Can-do attitude and ability to drive The Botanist brand forward
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com.
Closing date 06.05.19.